Voice of Vashon has been broadcasting
the Vashon High School Pirates baseball, football, and basketball games live this year. Kevin Linnell and John Yates are announcing the basketball games this winter with JoJo Weller providing statistics.
Kevin Linnell, who handles color commentary, says “I had been talking with John Yates about doing broadcast of Vashon sports events for seven years.” We travelled to state tournaments to watch Vashon teams play and many small communities were broadcasting the games to their hometowns. We thought why not do this for Vashon.” This past summer they got their chance when VHS varsity football coach Andy Sears asked if they would be interested in announcing fall games. Kevin recalls “We said yes right away because we really wanted to do this to generate community support for our local sports teams.” Continue reading
KING – Sports
- Ranking the quarterbacks in USA TODAY Coaches Poll
Last season, college football once again saw a redshirt freshman quarterback win the Heisman Trophy — the second consecutive season in which a young signal-caller became the face of the sport.
- What did Marshawn Lynch’s holdout get him?
ESPN reports Lynch basically wanted to double his salary this season, but the Seahawks instead gave him a smaller bump in pay that they offered him back in May.
- 3 new NFL rules that remind us of Seahawks Super Bowl run
The NFL has made a few rule changes for 2014. While much of the emphasis is on player safety, three of the new rules immediately invoke memories of the Seattle Seahawks’ 2013 championship season.
- WSU to induct Steve Gleason into Athletic Hall of Fame
The former NFL star and ALS patient will join the current 177 members of the WSU Athletic Hall of Fame.
- Tweet about the Seahawks for the Fan vs. Fan challenge
Are the Seahawks the most tweeted about team in the NFL? Time to find out in the Fan vs. Fan challenge.
- Former UW football player on concussion crusade
Darin Harris' days as a Husky involved plenty of hard hits, including one that changed his life.
- Zunino's homer lifts Mariners past Indians, 6-5
Several hours after making two trades to help their run at an AL wild-card spot, the Mariners rallied for a 6-5 win over the Cleveland Indians on Mike Zunino's two-run homer in the eighth inning.
- Back at camp, Lynch watches Seahawks practice
Lynch watched the Seahawks go through a one-hour, no-pads practice on Friday a day after showing up at the team's facility and ending his weeklong training camp holdout in the hopes of getting changes to his contract.
- Goodell defends NFL's 2-game suspension of Rice
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell defended the league on Friday against criticism that it was too lenient in suspending Ray Rice two games for his "horrible mistake."
- Zunino's homer lifts Mariners past Indians, 6-5
Mike Zunino's two-run homer in the eighth inning lifted the Seattle Mariners to a 6-5 win over the Cleveland Indians on Thursday night.
- M's get CF Jackson from Tigers in 3-team trade
The Seattle Mariners were part of a blockbuster three-team trade Thursday afternoon that brought center fielder Austin Jackson to Seattle and sent former Cy Young pitcher David Price from Tampa Bay to Detroit.
- Marshawn Lynch ends holdout, arrives at Seahawks camp
Marshawn Lynch has joined Seattle Seahawks training camp after missing the first week.
- M's acquire Padres OF Chris Denorfia in trade
The Seattle Mariners have acquired veteran outfielder Chris Denorfia from the San Diego Padres for a pair of minor leaugers.
- A's get Lester, Gomes from Red Sox for Cespedes
The Oakland Athletics won the Jon Lester sweepstakes, acquiring the left-hander and outfielder Jonny Gomes from the Boston Red Sox for slugging outfielder Yoenis Cespedes before Thursday's trade deadline.
Blogger KING Sports
Error: Feed has a error or is not valid
The Seattle Times: Sports
- Seahawks Daily Top 10: Marshawn Lynch returns, and more?
So could there be more news on this day than the return of Marshawn Lynch?
- Look for big lake trout lurking in Lake Chelan
Here is the latest fishing report from Anton Jones of Darrell & Dad's Family Guide Service:
- Extra Points: Bob Condotta talks about Marshawn Lynch
In today's Extra Points video, Bob Condotta talks about the return of Marshawn Lynch to practice Friday and updates some details about his contract:
- Mariners minor league report, August 1
Here is today's Mariners' minor league round-up, which offers the team's official minor league report from Kelly Munro that features, notes, stats and box scores. There are also game results on all of the organization’s minor league af …
- Luhr's Landing boat launch in South Sound closed Aug. 4-8
The Luhr’s Landing water-access site near Olympia west of the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge in southern Puget Sound will be closed Aug. 4-8 for repairs at the entrance to the boat ramp facility.
- Seahawks running backs coach Sherman Smith talks about the return of Marshawn Lynch
Here's some of what Seattle running backs coach Sherman Smith had to say to the media today about the return of Marshawn Lynch: