Voice of Vashon has been broadcasting
the Vashon High School Pirates baseball, football, and basketball games live this year. Kevin Linnell and John Yates are announcing the basketball games this winter with JoJo Weller providing statistics.
Kevin Linnell, who handles color commentary, says “I had been talking with John Yates about doing broadcast of Vashon sports events for seven years.” We travelled to state tournaments to watch Vashon teams play and many small communities were broadcasting the games to their hometowns. We thought why not do this for Vashon.” This past summer they got their chance when VHS varsity football coach Andy Sears asked if they would be interested in announcing fall games. Kevin recalls “We said yes right away because we really wanted to do this to generate community support for our local sports teams.” Continue reading
KING – Sports
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid
- Huskies stay mum on starting quarterback for opener
University of Washington head coach Chris Petersen is adding secrecy to his anticipated return to Boise State.
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
A fan died after falling from the upper deck into the lower-level stands at Turner Field on Saturday night during a game between the Atlanta Braves and New York Yankees.
- Seager hits 2-run HR, Mariners hold on to beat White Sox 7-6
The Seattle Mariners jumped out to a big lead, then did just enough to hold on for a win.
- Late 60-yard field goal gives Seahawks 16-15 win over Chargers
Steven Hauschka kicked a 60-yard field goal with 16 seconds left to give the Seattle Seahawks a 16-15 victory over the San Diego Chargers on Saturday night.
- Seahawks' Bennett fined for hit on Kansas City Chiefs QB
Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett was fined $17,363 for a hit on Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith in the first quarter of the teams' preseason game last week.
- Identifying zone-read plays makes it tough to protect QBs
If Chip Kelly, Pete Carroll and other NFL coaches want to run zone-read plays, their quarterbacks are fair game — even when they don't have the ball.
- Seager, Gutierrez homer in M's 2-0 win over White Sox
Kyle Seager and Franklin Gutierrez both had three hits and a homer and Taijuan Walker allowed three hits before leaving with an injury in the seventh inning as the Seattle Mariners beat the Chicago White Sox 2-0 on Friday night.
Blogger KING Sports
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid
The Seattle Times: Sports
- Video: Chris Petersen on UW’s young roster, his return to Boise and more
Petersen on playing in Boise: "I think when a game is billed as the biggest game in school history, I don’t think you have to do a lot of describing. I think using those words just take care of it."
- Seattle Sounders vs. Portland Timbers, lineups and notes: No Clint Dempsey
Here are the notable notes for Sunday afternoon’s Sounders-Timbers match at CenturyLink Field: Alan Kelly is the match referee, Corey Parker and Eric Weisbroad are his assistants and Allen Chapman is the fourth official. Seattle sits on the outside o …
- A few notes on Seahawks’ snap counts against San Diego
Here are a few notes from the snap counts from Saturday's game.
- Clint Dempsey called into U.S. national team for Brazil friendly
Sounders forward Clint Dempsey has been called into the U.S. national team for its upcoming friendly against Brazil — though, like Michael Bradley, he will join the team following next weekend’s Peru match and likely be available for the Seattle-Toro …
- Game thread: Sounders face off with rival Portland at CenturyLink
Follow along live as the Sounders face off with rival Portland on Sunday in front a open-stadium full-house at CenturyLink Field.
- What makes a great UW quarterback? Chris Petersen hopes to find out
Chris Petersen is demanding of his quarterbacks, and UW historically is accustomed to a high level of play at the position. Getting those two ideals aligned was the most pressing issue facing Petersen’s team as he enters his second season at Washingt …