Voice of Vashon has been broadcasting
the Vashon High School Pirates baseball, football, and basketball games live this year. Kevin Linnell and John Yates are announcing the basketball games this winter with JoJo Weller providing statistics.
Kevin Linnell, who handles color commentary, says “I had been talking with John Yates about doing broadcast of Vashon sports events for seven years.” We travelled to state tournaments to watch Vashon teams play and many small communities were broadcasting the games to their hometowns. We thought why not do this for Vashon.” This past summer they got their chance when VHS varsity football coach Andy Sears asked if they would be interested in announcing fall games. Kevin recalls “We said yes right away because we really wanted to do this to generate community support for our local sports teams.” Continue reading
KING – Sports
- Wednesday's High School Basketball Scores, 12/4
- Blind marathon runner prepares for national championship race
In second grade, Scheidies noticed he couldn't see things that other kids could see. Doctors diagnosed him with a hereditary degenerative eye condition. Today, he's almost completely blind.
- Tui named interim head coach for Huskies bowl game
UW quarterbacks coach Marques Tuiasosopo will coach the Huskies in their upcoming bowl game.
- Carroll says no resolution to Browner's situation
Browner is facing a year-long ban, but is fighting it on appeal. The NFL has not said when a decision about the Seahawks' cornerback will be made.
- Seahawks fans raise money to fly 'Go Hawks' banner over Candlestick
A pair of Seahawks fans is rallying the 12th Man to fly a Seahawks flag over Candlestick Park before the match up between the 49ers and Seahawks on Sunday.
- 11 rumored Washington coaching candidates
A look at ten coaches whose names have been mentioned as possible new head coaches for the Washington Huskies.
- 49ers prepare to stay composed in emotional game
The San Francisco 49ers are ready for some serious chatter coming from that brash, big-talking Seahawks secondary.
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of star FSU QB over
The prosecutor overseeing the investigation of sexual assault allegations against Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston said Wednesday that it is completed.
- With latest win, Seahawks fever is burning up
What a performance, what domination and what bragging rights. All that buzz is great for the team and for fans and our city.
- Elisa Jaffe's views from the field
- Jim Mora signs 6-year extension to stay at UCLA
UCLA head football coach Jim Mora signed a 6-year contract extension with the Bruins, the school announced Tuesday.
- Seattle hires Dan Wilson as minor league coach
The Seattle Mariners have hired former catcher Dan Wilson as the roving minor league catching coordinator for the organization.
- Clark 1st ex-big leaguer to run MLB players' union
Tony Clark has become the first former big leaguer to lead the baseball players' union, pending a vote by the general membership.
- Brazil prepares for street protests at World Cup
Few things could damage the image of Brazil more than violent street protests during the World Cup.
Blogger KING Sports
Error: Feed has a error or is not valid
The Seattle Times: Sports
- Marques Tuiasosopo named interim coach for bowl game
Former Husky star and first-year quarterbacks coach will guide team. Meanwhile, Boise State coach Chris Petersen and Alabama offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier have emerged as the front-runners to replace Steve Sarkisian, according to sources.
- Straight-A students: Seahawks are top of the class
The Seahawks are 11-1 and were dominant in the third quarter of the NFL season.
- 12th Man hits the road: Seahawks fans follow team to away games
Seahawks fans, always a formidable force at home, have been a growing presence at away games this season. Excitement is building for Sunday’s game in San Francisco.
- Boxing champ turns opposition leader in Ukraine
Towering over his fellow protest leaders, Vitali Klitschko, the reigning world heavyweight boxing champion, has emerged as Ukraine's most popular opposition figure and has ambitions to become its next president.
- Mariners rumored to be interested in David Price
If you checked twitter earlier, you’ve seen the Mariners are one of several teams interested in trading for Rays lefty ace pitcher David Price. Jeff Passan of Yahoo first reported the growing interest. There is definite possibility in this. About a …
- Petersen, Nussmeier apparent front-runners in UW's coaching search
Boise State coach Chris Petersen and Alabama offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier appear to have emerged as the top targets in Washington’s search for a new head coach, two sources with knowledge of UW’s process told The Seattle Times. Petersen, 49, …